CAMF was founded in October 2011 as the new face of two previous membership bodies, in order to provide better support both to our members, and to the development of the wider Carnival sector.
‘We want to create a strong platform for Carnival and Carnival Arts particularly Mas that is strong enough
to ensure the survival and continued prosperity into the future ‘Carnival Arts for the 21st century’’.
CAMF’s vision is simple:
• We want to create a strong platform for Carnival and Carnival Arts particularly Mas that will ensure Carnival’s survival and continued prosperity into the future.
• We want to continue to promote the understanding of the history and heritage of Carnival, particularly in Notting Hill, and its contribution to London’s cultural landscape.
In response to these concerns and in support of our vision, CAMF produces programmes in three key areas:
• Providing logistical and development support to Notting Hill’s mas bands
• Designing and delivering heritage programmes to celebrate Notting Hill Carnival and to ensure future generations understand its history and significance.
• Advocating on behalf of our members and the carnival sector, to support the continued strength and development of the carnival artform.